HOME BIO BOOKS FILM &
VIDEO
PLAYS BLOG OTHER
WRITING
CONTACT

December 22, 2007

Lunch with the lovely Margaret Hart, my agent, as we discussed further possibilties for a reprint of The P'Town Murders. Yes, there is definite interest, but not necessarily as soon as I would have liked it to happen. I've begun to revise my list of demands, since for once I'm in the driver's seat, relatively speaking. I may not see the book reprinted right away, but I might be able to capitalize on the book's success and get a higher percentage of sales, as well as keeping the right to be the script writer, if it comes to that. There is seldom a real profit on films (on paper they are designed to lose money.) The only advantage to me would be to get paid to write or co-write the script for any of my books. And any film producer will already have his or her favourite writers, so usually a book's author is out of luck. Of course, it doesn't necessarily follow that a novelist is a good script writer, either.

No comments:

 

All materials on this website copyright 2007 Design by Transform Interactive .\\edia