HOME BIO BOOKS FILM &
VIDEO
PLAYS BLOG OTHER
WRITING
CONTACT

December 18, 2007

One of the perks of being a writer is that I get to peek in on some early drafts of books by other writers. When Paul Bellini offered to profile me in FAB Magazine, I had little thought that I could offer him anything, as he's already so accomplished and well-connected. But when he mentioned his novel-in-progress, Ruined Boy Next Door, I offered to read it and was surprised that he accepted so readily. I was also surprised to discover it's a comic gem -- I say surprised, because its territory is the world of hustlers, prostitutes and crack addicts. I'd been prepared for something, but not a richly comic vision of life. I'm also not surprised he's had a difficult time finding a home for it, given the subject matter. Still, I know there is a 'right' publishing house somewhere out there and I've offered him suggestions to help him find it.

No comments:

 

All materials on this website copyright 2007 Design by Transform Interactive .\\edia