HOME BIO BOOKS FILM &
VIDEO
PLAYS BLOG OTHER
WRITING
CONTACT

November 26, 2007

Today I looked into requesting my rights back from the Haworth people for The P’Town Murders. The book is no longer available through the publisher or its distributors, yet the momentum built up over the past three months keeps it hanging in the top ten at Amazon.com—in fact it hit the number 2 spot in the genre categories (gay mystery) and the number 13 spot (gay fiction) at least twice last week.

The momentum, as far as I can tell, has come largely from my touring, reading and signing activities, as well as word of mouth, as Haworth stopped actively promoting fiction since the book came out this summer.

I would rather Haworth reprint the book to capitalize on the momentum, but it seems not to be in hurry to do so, which has led me to look into the possibility of requesting the rights back, a process I’m told has been fraught with peril for other Haworth writers.

No comments:

 

All materials on this website copyright 2007 Design by Transform Interactive .\\edia