HOME BIO BOOKS FILM &
VIDEO
PLAYS BLOG OTHER
WRITING
CONTACT

November 16, 2007

Today was a great writing day, the kind I wish I had more often. I wrote for five hours effortlessly, adding more than 2000 words to the new book, Lake on the Mountain. I also began to sort out a good deal of the material that had up till now eluded me, including much of the protagonist’s background. Because I like to write first drafts quickly, I don’t always know where in the book the scenes I’m working on will end up. I only know they’ll be necessary at some point. Today was a day when a lot of those unsettled pieces started to move into position. Also, for the first time today I got a clear idea of what Dan’s philandering boyfriend, Bill, looks like: bearded, boyish, baby-faced.

No comments:

 

All materials on this website copyright 2007 Design by Transform Interactive .\\edia