HOME BIO BOOKS FILM &
VIDEO
PLAYS BLOG OTHER
WRITING
CONTACT

January 16-19, 2008

So this is what the real world looks like. Not writing is giving me time for other things. My dog is getting all the walks he needs and maybe more. He looks at me like I'm a little crazed whenever I pick up the leash. I've also started to gain weight from those afternoon trips to Demetre's for white chocolate mouse cake or walnut cake from the Korean Bakery at Manning and Bloor. On the other hand, I created an entire scene featuring a trip to the bakery. Even more telling, my mother has stopped sending me those little notes beginning, 'Hello, you may remember me...'

Still, I find it's as much work not writing as it is writing. Every day I have to resist going back to the new manuscript. As the ideas flow and the writing pours out, I scribble on napkins and envelopes and packaging material when I'm out. At home, I've filled a pad of paper with notes. I think it's nearly time to start the next draft.

No comments:

 

All materials on this website copyright 2007 Design by Transform Interactive .\\edia