HOME BIO BOOKS FILM &
VIDEO
PLAYS BLOG OTHER
WRITING
CONTACT

CAWTHRA PARK AIDS MEMORIAL GARDEN

One of the nicest surprises from the World Pride celebrations last month was the reinvention of Cawthra Park behind the 519 Community Centre. Fronting on Church Street, the park now opens invitingly to the AIDS Memorial it once seemed bent on concealing. At least once a year, I make the journey to those fourteen upright pillars, stopping to read names and recall the passing of so many who crossed my path at some point. Earlier this week, almost serendipitously, distant bells rang as I visited at high noon.






1 comment:

shahnoor shaikh said...

Al azhar memorial garden Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

 

All materials on this website copyright 2007 Design by Transform Interactive .\\edia