HOME BIO BOOKS FILM &
VIDEO
PLAYS BLOG OTHER
WRITING
CONTACT

LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE

Let's face it -- writer's don't make a lot money. On the other hand, I agree wholeheartedly with that line in Babette's Feast, "An artist is never poor." Having friends and an amour who enjoys food as much as I do helps too. My friends are always inviting me out for dinner (or inviting themselves in for dinner -- it's all good when you have a grand garden and a BBQ on the back porch.)


It also helps to date someone who appreciates your culinary skills, so when my beau shows up at the door with a bag of goodies and says, "Can you cook these?", plunking down two lobsters, or asks, "Can you make Key Lime Pie?" or "Mango Surprise?" or "Cassava Cake?" (a sweetie with a sweet tooth), I take it as a challenge. Fortunately, it's one I'm up to facing.


No comments:

 

All materials on this website copyright 2007 Design by Transform Interactive .\\edia